Paradigm is a game mechanic in Mobius Final Fantasy. It is exclusive to the Final Fantasy XIII Collaboration Event regions.
Obtaining boons[edit | edit source]
Paradigm boons are gained by completing areas in the Crystarium I and Crystarium II regions. Each area grants a boon according to its name and colour. Red crystals augment Commandos, blue crystals augment Ravagers, and yellow crystals augment Sentinels. Green crystals augment all paradigms.
Paradigm Shift[edit | edit source]
During combat, an extra set of controls show up on the side of the screen. During Auto-Battle, the best paradigm will automatically be chosen. To choose a paradigm manually, the player presses on the Paradigm button, then drags over to the desired paradigm. Paradigm buffs will last for the entire turn in which they are activated. Shifting mid-turn will replace the previous buff.
Each paradigm may be used once per level per area. As the player enhances the paradigms and levels them up, more uses are added. These fully recharge once combat ends, or the player uses a Phoenix Down to revive.
Paradigms have names at each level. This is displayed when the Paradigm Shift controls are open and when a paradigm is active.
|2||Double Trouble||Dualcasting||Twin Shields|
|5||Tireless Charge||Smart Bomb||Consolidation|
Paradigm Status[edit | edit source]
Two extra buttons show up on the side of the screen outside of combat. In the Hanging Edge, the upper button is blue and takes you to the Crystarium. In the Crystarium, this button is green and takes you back to the Hanging Edge. This button is the only method of accessing the Crystarium regions.
The lower one brings up your Paradigm Status, which shows the full list of the Paradigm boons you've earned.
- Shared (green)
- HP Up — Increases HP by X.
- Attack Up — Increases Attack by X.
- Break Power Up — Increases Break Power by X.
- Magic Up — Increases Magic by X.
- Commando (red)
- Attack Damage — Commando: Increases Attack damage by X%.
- Ability Damage — Commando: Increases ability damage by X%.
- Ultimate Damage — Commando: Increases Ultimate damage by X%.
- Scourge — Commando: Greatly increases Attack damage during Break.
- Ravage — Commando: Increases Attack of cone attacks and area attacks.
- Power Shift — Commando: Adds Brave (increases Attack) and Faith (increases Magic) when shifting Paradigms.
- Ravager (blue)
- Attack Boost — Ravager: Increases Attack break power by X%.
- Ability Boost — Ravager: Increases ability break power by X%.
- Ultimate Break — Ravager: Increases Ultimate break power by X%.
- Fast Break — Ravager: Completely depletes an enemy's Break gauge if it is below a certain level.
- Blast Shift — Ravager: Adds Haste (increases actions per turn) and Boost (increases Break Power) when shifting Paradigms.
- Sentinel (yellow)
- Raise HP — Sentinel: Increases HP by X%.
- Raise Defense — Sentinel: Increases Defense by X%.
- Mediguard — Sentinel: Regen HP every time you take damage.
- Active Regen — Sentinel: Regen HP every time you take an action.
- Steelguard — Sentinel: Increases Defense every time you take damage.
- Shield Shift — Sentinel: Adds Barrier (increases Defense) and Wall (absorbs damage) when shifting Paradigms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of Paradigms in Mobius Final Fantasy correspond to Paradigm setups in FFXIII, which had 6 roles (Commando, Ravager, Sentinel, Saboteur, Synergist, Medic) and up to 3 party members (for a total of 83 Paradigms).
- Commando (COM); Ravager (RAV); Sentinel (SEN).
- Double Trouble (COM/COM); Dualcasting (RAV/RAV); Twin Shield (SEN/SEN).
- Aggression (COM/COM/RAV); Relentless Assault (COM/RAV/RAV); Overcaution (SEN/SEN/SAB);
- Devastation (COM/COM/SAB); Mystic Tower (RAV/RAV/SEN); Protection (SEN/SYN/MED);
- Tireless Charge (COM/COM/MED); Smart Bomb (RAV/RAV/SAB); Consolidation (SEN/SEN/MED);
- Cerberus (COM/COM/COM); Tri-disaster (RAV/RAV/RAV); Tortoise (SEN/SEN/SEN).