The Gigantuar is one of the reward fiends in Mobius Final Fantasy. Like its smaller cousin the Cactuar, its main purpose is to drop Gigantuar (Card)s, used to increase the number of Skillseeds that Abilities will gather during normal gameplay.
Like its smaller cousin the Cactuar, it's a very weak opponent, and its hits are fairly light, but it has a very high Break point that must be overcome to kill it. When combat opens, its elemental affinity will be hidden. Hitting it with the right (or wrong!) element will reveal it.
Some of the collaboration events include a specific area that features the Cactuar as a reward, while others can offer it as a rare random appearance. Otherwise, it can be easily found in the Gigantuar Terrace: Regrowth region.
Skillset[edit | edit source]
|500 Needles||500 Damage|
|2000 Needles||2000 Damage|
Encounters[edit | edit source]
- Gigantuar Terrace: Regrowth -- Attack of the Gigantuar, Gigantuar Conflict, Gigantuar Battle for Supremacy
- Fatal Calling: Nibelheim -- Mako Amplifier
- Fatal Calling: Northern Cavern -- Primal Spring
See also:[edit | edit source]
- Metal Gigantuar for XP drops
- Gold Gigantuar for Gil drops
- Crystal Gigantuar for Crystal drops
- Straw Gigantuar -- specific to the Summer Resort events, he sports a moustache and giant straw hat.
- In Summer Resort: Melon Mashing he has a guaranteed drop of a Gigantuar Bulb★3.
- In Summer Resort: Hiking a Cactuar-sized one has a high chance of dropping a Crystal or a Fire Fractal★4 of a random element.